Wherever You Are In New Zealand, Or the World
If you live in Wellington New Zealand, I prefer to have face-to-face sessions. If you live in other parts of New Zealand, or anywhere on the planet, we can facilitate our sessions online. Just contact me to see how this works.
The Coaching Process: 4 Stages
The Panic Coach process is rooted in proven Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) best practice. This breaks down to changing the way you think + changing the way you act + repetition = recovery.
The 4 stages are:
The 4 stages are:
- Sharing your story and experience of social anxiety and/or performance-related panic attacks with someone who has been there and come out the other side
- Looking at CBT as it applies to your situation in an easy to understand and measurable way. Bite-size chunks each time!
- Customised CBT application and integrating it with your road to recovery
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring sessions as required.
Other Things We Focus On
- Why fighting or trying to ignore the symptoms of social anxiety and/or performance-related panic is the worst thing you can do - and the revolutionary things to do instead
- Understanding your body's fight-or- flight evolutionary response and how it relates to your recovery
- What this thingy in your brain called the amygdala is and how it relates to your recovery
- That power and application of the A.W.A.R.E process in recovery
- Breaking the catastrophic thinking cycle
- Breaking the avoidance behaviour cycle
- Exposure therapy, graduated desensitisation and creating new memory precedents
- What true confidence is, what it isn't and how to get the real thing
- What to do about diet, alcohol and stimulants
- Your relationship with your GP
- Explaining yourself (or not) to your loved ones.